Saturday, June 14, 2014

Socceroos - Kwee-ahh-bah!

Game 1. I'm actually pretty nervous for the game and anticipate the Aussies are going to put up a good fight. I really want them too, because there are so many cocky, arrogant Chileans who I want to shut the hell up.

Chi, chi, chi - Ley, Ley, Ley - Viva Chile!!!

At the game the Aussie fans were significantly outnumbered by Chileans, but we were still pretty vocal and made sure the team knows we're there. Strangely the seating allocation is different at this venue and Aussies are scattered everywhere amongst Chilean fans.

The Aussies played well, however were a bit too timid and overawed in the first 30 mins. It was a bit sombre for a while there, but Cahills goal really brought us to life again and I thought the Aussies absolutely dominated the game for the first 25 minutes of the 2nd half and at the end of the day I think we were unlucky to not sneak away with a draw.

On a different day, I think the Aussies could have even won 3-2.....if only Cahill had been 1 step onside for that disallowed goal and Bresciano pulled the trigger a bit earlier!

Still props to Chile and I think they will almost certainly match up against Brazil for the 3rd World Cup in a row in the round of 16. This time I think they will win (unlike 100% of Brazilians) and at least make the quarter finals.













No comments:

Post a Comment